Credit and Humber Watershed
The Credit and Humber Watershed Branch (originally the Brampton Branch) was established in May 2006 for the purpose of having the "hands on" ability to help conserve the area's built heritage structures of architectural merit and historic interest. Our membership is proactive and involved in many local projects that are a benefit to the community. These activities include:
- Promoting local heritage and places of natural beauty and interest
- Identifying and discovering heretofore unknown local built heritage sites
- Holding information and educational events and activities
- Communicating with the public through published articles and newspaper stories
- Seeking awards and acknowledgements for those who undertake outstanding heritage projects within the area
- Working in conjunction with other heritage groups and historic societies
- Promoting beneficial amendments to the Ontario Heritage Act, though the Provincial Council of the ACO, of which we are a member
- Assisting the various Municipal Heritage Advisory Committees and Councils in documenting, registering and "Designating" heritage properties
2018 Meeting Schedule for ACO Ontario
January 30, 2017 to December 30, 2018
Schedule of Executive and Council Meetings for 2017-2018. Please open the attached pdf to see the full schedule. This document will be revised periodically as dates and locations are confirmed.
ACO EXPRESSES SUPPORT FOR BILL C-323
Bill establishes tax credits for rehabilitation of historic properties
ACO supports Private Member's Bill C-323, An Act to Amend the Income Tax Act (Rehabilitation of Historic Property), which will receive second reading in the House of Commons on February 10. This bill will establish a tax credit for expenses related to the rehabilitation of a historic property. It also establishes a tax deduction for the capital cost of property used in the course of such a rehabilitation.
Call for Nominations: ACO Provincial Heritage Awards
Deadline for nominations: August 23, 2017
Architectural Conservancy Ontario is now receiving nominations for its 11th annual Heritage Awards, honouring preservation leaders, projects and initiatives that have contributed significantly to architectural conservation in Ontario.
Call for Ontario Heritage Conference Location Proposals for 2020
Communities across Ontario are Invited to Consider Hosting
Attached is the terms of reference for hosting a conference including contact information to submit proposals. The deadline to submit a proposal is January 15, 2018
Vice President Shannon Kyles Tests Restored Historic Windows for Energy Efficiency...Historic Windows Win!
MAHONEY: Old windows part of the soul of our past
Article from the Hamilton Spectator