November 5, 2012
The Strategic Planning and Fundraising Committee of the ACO Provincial Office retained the firm of TCI Management Consultants to help the organization through the development of a strategic plan.
This plan was recognized as being necessary in order to communicate more effectively with stakeholders and other like-minded interest groups and associations, as well as to enable ACO to more effectively fundraise.
The development of the strategic plan was a highly consultative process. It entailed a number of activities, including:
• an on-line survey of members, which resulted in a very satisfactory response from 193 members across the province
• an on-line survey of Branches, to which 16 out of 25 responded
• an initial workshop / presentation session with the Executives and Council in January of 2012, to discuss the survey results and their strategic implications
• a subsequent workshop / presentation session with the Executives and Council in March of 2012 to discuss a preliminary version of the strategy that had been developed
• several meetings with the Strategic Planning and Fundraising Committee of the Board throughout the duration of the project.
This document reports of the strategic plan that was developed.
Type of News Item: committee work; finance; governance; fundraising
Strategic Plan (Acrobat PDF file)